Legal Services

Dividing property among family members is always tricky; especially so when there is lack of cordiality among the involved parties. A family lawyer can help you on cases such as dividing pension between estranged partners, spousal maintenance or splitting of property that was bought jointly.

Brisbane Firm
Drug Possession
Family Law
Personal Injury
Medical Malpractice
Patent Registration
Real Estate
Legal Services
Contact Us


















Legal Advice

Application for divorce

The application for divorce should be filled, sworn, affirmed and signed before competent divorce lawyers or other individuals holding authorized legal positions. This can be found at ational commonwealth government website. There should be two photocopies of the completed document and any other papers which are required.

The Process of Divorce in Australia

The national laws stipulate that Divorce be granted on a no fault basis to all citizens who wish to get divorced. This simply means that it’s not necessary to prove in the court that either party is to be blamed for the disintegration of the marriage. If the spouses are staying apart for a period of 12 months or more on account of irreconcilable differences, divorce can easily be granted by the court. However there are a few formal steps to be taken before the divorce application starts getting processed.

Read morea about Divorce Settlement

Filing of the divorce application

You need to get your divorce application filed at a family court along with a Xerox copy of your marriage certificate. Normally such applications are accompanied by a fee but you can apply for a fee reducing if you wish. The divorce fees are set by government regulations and the correct amount can be known by consulting with divorce lawyers. Proper proof of citizenship should accompany the application.

Once the order is decreed final, the Court will send you your copy of the order individually or through your lawyer. If your divorce was contested you will have to abide by the terms and conditions set by the court.